Postoperative Instructions Following Nasal Fracture Reduction
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home from this procedure.
- You must have a responsible adult with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- After surgery, it is suggested that you get regular activity and walk for a total of 30 minutes per day. Start by walking for five to 10 minutes at one time and slowly build to walking for 30 minutes at one time.
- Rest is also an important part of healing. Slowly return to your regular level of activity. Save your energy by spreading out activities that make you tired, and rest as needed.
- Avoid heavy lifting over 10-15 pounds and strenuous or vigorous activity for two weeks after surgery.
- It is okay for you to utilize Ibuprofen and Tylenol® for over-the-counter pain control after this procedure.
- It is also recommended for you to use ice as needed for comfort and to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Do not drive a car while having pain or taking prescription pain medication. Do not drink alcohol while taking prescription pain medication.
- There will be prescriptions that you will get ahead of time from the clinic to have filled. Please make sure these are filled prior to your procedure and ready for use once you are home.
- You can resume a normal diet after the procedure.
- You will have a splint placed on the nose after this procedure. Do not get this splint wet. This will be removed at your one-week post-operative appointment.