Postoperative Instructions Following Adenoidectomy Without Tonsillectomy
- Avoid heavy lifting (>15lbs) and strenuous activity for two weeks. For children, non-strenuous play during this time is appropriate.
- May resume pre-operative diet as tolerated; most important is to drink plenty of fluids (1-2 liters per day).
- Avoid nose blowing for two weeks.
- Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (e.g. aspirin, Advil®, Aleve®, ibuprofen, MOTRIN®) for two weeks.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol®), which can be obtained over the counter, may be used as directed for discomfort.
- Call our office at 952-832-5252 for a fever over 101.5 degrees F, bleeding that lasts longer than five minutes, no urination over a 24-hour period, inability to tolerate liquids, or any other questions or concerns.
- The patient will need to have a responsible adult who can drive them home from the surgery.
- The patient will need to have a responsible adult with them for 24 hours following this surgery.