Postoperative Instructions For ClariFixⓇ
- In most cases, patients can resume normal activity on the day after the procedure.
- Mild discomfort is normal and is expected with any surgical procedure.
- You may use extra strength Tylenol 500mg tablets- taking 2 tablets every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.
- Do no exceed 4,000mg of Tylenol in a day
- It is very common to have nasal congestion and difficulty breathing through the nose for up to 5-7 days following the procedure.
- You may have minimal bleeding from your nose and/or discolored nasal drainage following the procedure.
- A gauze pad will be placed under your nose after the procedure. Once you are home you may need to change this pad. If you are changing the pad more often than once an hour, you should call the clinic.
To achieve the best surgical outcome, please follow these instructions:
- Starting using 4 sprays of nasal saline (e.g. Ocean) in each nostril every four hours while you are awake. You may use it more as needed.
- Absolutely NO NOSE BLOWING for the first 48 hours after the procedure. If you need to sneeze, do so through your mouth.
- To minimize morning nasal congestion, it is helpful to sleep with your head elevated on several pillows for 2-3 days. If this is not comfortable or possible, you will do no harm by sleeping flat; however, you may be more congested in the morning.
- Hold all medicated nasal sprays x 1 week following the procedure.
- Hold on CPAP use for 48 hours following the procedure.
- Refrain from any strenuous physical activity for at least 24 hours. This will help minimize the risk of bleeding.
- Call immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Fever (>100.5)
- Nosebleed that persists
- Pain that you cannot control with over the counter medication