Postoperative Instructions for Eustachian Tube Dilation Surgery Patients
- In most cases, patients can resume normal activity on the day after the procedure.
- Mild discomfort is normal and is expected with any surgical procedure.
- Take your pain medication as needed, but driving is prohibited while taking narcotic medications (Percocet, Norco, Tylenol #3, etc.).
To achieve the best surgical outcome, please follow these instructions:
- Please hold on aspirin, aspirin-containing products, ibuprofen and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, or other blood thinners for 48 hours following your procedure unless you have discussed otherwise with your provider.
- Tylenol® is safe to take (do not exceed 4,000mg of Tylenol® per day).
- Refrain from any strenuous physical activity for at least one week. This will help minimize the risk of bleeding.
- No flying for one week after the procedure unless otherwise discussed with your provider.
- Call immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Bleeding that persists
- Severe ear pain that will not subside
- Worsening, severe headache