Post-Operative Instructions Following Rigid Esophagoscopy With Cricopharyngeal BOTOX® Injection And Flexible Esophagoscopy With Dilation
- You will need a responsible adult to bring you home once you are discharged.
- It is not uncommon for your voice to be hoarse following surgery. This is primarily related due to the breathing tube that is placed during surgery, but otherwise should be okay to speak.
- Acid reflux symptoms may slightly increase for a few weeks, but should gradually subside.
- There are no dietary restrictions following your procedure.
- There are no physical restrictions following your procedure.
- Pain should be mild and can be managed with Tylenol® or ibuprofen.
- You will be scheduled for a post operative appointment in 5-7 days following your surgery.